Hit by a Pitch

Rockies: at-bat music

with 56 comments

Aside from an awesome win, there were two really good things about going to Sunday’s Rockies game: our seats were sheltered from the constant rain and our seats were near a big speaker, so we could really hear the music. I’ve been obsessed with at-bat or entrance music for a while now, and apparently I’m not alone — people find this site every day because they want to know about the at-bat music of various Rockies players. My list isn’t finished yet, but I might as well share what I have so far. I will do my best to update this list and keep it current.

Garrett Atkins: What I Are by Timbaland (I thought this was a remix of Justin Timberlake’s Bringing Sexy Back for the longest time)

Jamey Carroll: Pink Houses by John Mellencamp

Manny Corpas: Impacto by Daddy Yankee

Josh Fogg: Slow Ride by Foghat

Brian Fuentes: For You by Stain’d

Brad Hawpe: Rockstar by Nickelback

Todd Helton: Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith

Kazuo Matsui: Tricky by Run DMC

Ryan Spilborghs: The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani (everybody at Coors Field sings along with this — WOOOO OOOOH WOOOO OOOOH!)

Troy Tulowitzki: I’m a Flirt by R Kelly

I’m not sure about these:

Matt Holliday: The Great Divide by Scott Stapp, but I can’t remember if he’s still using it

Willy Taveras: used to have Yeah by Usher, but has a new song — reggaeton, Spanish, very fast; the closest thing I’ve found so far is El Mambo de las Shorty’s by Tito El Bambino (but don’t rely on that because I’ve only heard Willy’s new song a few times)

Yorvit Torrealba: He’s used various Daddy Yankee songs, but his current song is NOT Impacto as reported elsewhere on the internet. I’ve listened to snippets of a million Daddy Yankee songs, and haven’t been able to figure out if his current song is by Daddy Yankee. I’ve also started listening to snippets of other reggaeton, and if I listen to much more, Ben is going to throw my computer out the window.

Update: Torrealba’s song is Salio El Sol by Don Omar. Thanks to Karlosest2403!

I accidentally say “reggaetron” every time I mean to say “reggaeton” and now I’m convinced that Reggaetron, a gigantic robot set on world destruction by means of super-powered lasers and a blend of reggae, dancehall, merengue, hip hop, and bachata is going to appear at Coors Field one day soon.

Update: The 2008 version of the Rockies At-Bat Music post is here.

Update: The 2009 version of the Rockies At-Bat Music post is here.

Written by Tracy

October 16th, 2007 at 11:36 am

56 Responses to 'Rockies: at-bat music'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Rockies: at-bat music'.

1. Perhaps the beloved Rockies mascot “Dinger” could have a new mascot pal in “Reggaetron” for the World Series. As far as any computers being tossed out windows, make sure the window in question is up. You wouldn’t want to hurt the window.

Sportsattitude

18 Oct 07 at 6:28 pm

2. HAHA that would be awesome! Dinger could be Reggaetron’s poke-buddy. Matsui would have to be involved, too.

hitbyapitch

20 Oct 07 at 8:49 am

3. I’ve been trying to figure all these out too, and am so delighted to be directed to a couple more answers!

Last time I checked, Holliday’s song was “You Will Soar” also by Scott Stapp. “If I had just one thing to saaaay…” but that was a couple months ago.

Crow

20 Oct 07 at 12:22 pm

4. Awesome — thanks!

I’ll keep updating this as I find more info.

hitbyapitch

21 Oct 07 at 10:47 am

5. Helton uses “Back in the Saddle” by Aerosmith. Also, the song they play over and over when the Rockies win is “Kernkraft 400″ by Zombie Nation. You know, the “oooh oh oooh oh” song.

Rockiesfan

21 Oct 07 at 11:02 am

6. Thanks! I’ll add Helton to the list. I’m not good at identifying rock stuff.

hitbyapitch

21 Oct 07 at 11:09 am

7. Yorvit Torrealba’s song is Salio El Sol by Don Omar

Karlosest2403

23 Oct 07 at 8:14 am

8. Willy T’s is a merengue, I need to hear it again. Im from the Dominican Republic also so I should be able to come up with an answer for that one. Im going to make a super sweet Rockies mix. Does anyone know where I can find the remix of the Bruce Channel song that they play during the games.

Karlosest2403

23 Oct 07 at 8:17 am

9. Didn’t Tulo change his song when he moved down in the order? I thought he had a Timbaland song now?

Vicki

23 Oct 07 at 11:03 am

10. nice list. We’re trying to get together the appropriate soundtrack for watching the game at home tomorrow. You wouldn’t happen to know the songs for any of these guys, would you?
    Jeff Francis
    Ubaldo Jimenez
    Aaron Cook
    Jeff Baker
    Seth Smith

grizzly

23 Oct 07 at 5:13 pm

11. Yes, the mighty robot reggaetron would take over the world if he wasn’t baked all the time. Robot sticky-icky is the shit!

Speaking of entrance music, not that anyone cares about them fighntin’ Bo Sox, but I just love it when Papelbon comes out of the bullpen and they start blasting that Dropkick Murphys song I’m Shipping Up To Boston. Not sure if the links will come through, but here’s a couple examples if so…

Even if you hate the Red Sox, you’ve got to love good ole Pap Smear.

HolyDogWater

24 Oct 07 at 11:41 am

12. Hey Karlosest2403,

The Bruce Channel song Hey Baby remix can be found on itunes in the album called “all-time greatest football songs”

geff8137

29 Oct 07 at 1:00 pm

13. Another song they play often late in the games in “Tonight is the Night” by Le Click.

kpete

29 Oct 07 at 2:22 pm

14. Does anybody know the other techno song they play (not Kernkraft 400. The one they play in the 9th inning, in between pitches.

Anyone else at least know which song I’m talking about even if you don’t know the title of it?

Rox60

30 Oct 07 at 1:12 pm

15. I know exactly which song you are talking about and I’ve been looking for it also. It has a latin beat so I looked under daddy Yankee but could not find it. I’m curious as well.

bdeal

30 Oct 07 at 9:03 pm

16. I have been wondering what the song is they played in the 9th is, too. I love that song – reminds me of how crazy Coors Field got late in the games. Let me know if anyone finds out.

Rox2342

5 Nov 07 at 5:48 pm

17. The music they play in the ninth inning after every out is Palladio by Silent Nick. Anyone know the intro music they used when they introduced the lineup in the World Series? It was also the same song when they were introduced on opening day.

Jeffrey

21 Nov 07 at 10:13 pm

18. corpas’s is gasolina by daddy yankee

kyle

5 Apr 08 at 11:59 pm

19. Hey, what is Garrett Atkins theme music this season? I went to the game April 4, 2008, don’t know the name of the song, but have it stuck in my head …

Mario

6 Apr 08 at 10:45 pm

20. Mario, Garret Atkins is still using “What I Are” by Timbaland. I love that song.

Tracy

7 Apr 08 at 4:59 pm

21. What are this year’s batting songs?!?!?! Holliday is Linkin Park … but what’s the title? And Tulo is Superstar by Lupe Fiasco …. Nix is Flashing Lights by Kanye West … what else do we have going this year? hmmmm ….

Brit Horvat

18 Apr 08 at 12:54 am

22. Can we establish the 2008 Rockies Song Line up?
    This is what I got so far, BUT PLEASE feel free to correct me! And please use this format so i know who is what and listens to who in the line up!!! Thanks

01: Taveras –

____Spilborghs: Thriller – Michael Jackson & The Sweet Escape – Gwen Stefani
    ____Smith:
    ____Podsednik:

9th Inning Rally and WIN: Zombie Nation – Kernkraft 400

KDawgROX4Life

23 Apr 08 at 11:30 am

24. Went to the Cubs/Rockies today.

A Few other songs
    Ryan Spilborghs…Thriller By Michael Jackson
    Chris Iannetta..I can’t dance by Genesis
    Todd Helton..These are my peoplke..Rodney Adkins
    Scott Podsednik, “Elevation”, U2

Scott

24 Apr 08 at 5:39 pm

25. Also anyone know Jeff Baker’s or Jayson Nix songs?

Scott

25 Apr 08 at 4:25 pm

26. anyone know what holliday uses this year?

stephen

27 Apr 08 at 7:24 pm

27. anyone know the song they play that is sung by a female, sort of pop/r&b-ish. i dont really know how to describe how it goes but just before the chorus a bunch of times she sings a bunch of stuff then is like ‘innnnn loveeeeee, innnnnn loveeeeeeeeee’ then goes to the chorus.

Dustin

13 May 08 at 3:16 am

28. I was at the game last Wednesday and the song played for Matt Holliday (at least twice) was This Fragile Breath by Todd Agnew.

powrcat princess

14 May 08 at 10:52 pm

29. Does any one know that crazy techno song not kerncraft or pallido but the other one they use???? Kinda a pump up…

Trevor

23 May 08 at 9:22 pm

30. the song they play inbetween pitches during the 9th inning is called allegreto by bond

rockiesrock!

24 May 08 at 3:59 pm

31. also, clint barmes uses back where i come from, by kenny chesney

rockiesrock!

24 May 08 at 4:00 pm

32. Jeff baker uses “I can’t dance” by genesis

weekdaykelly

9 Jun 08 at 8:53 pm

33. I’m pretty sure Iannetta’s song is Disturbed-Down with the Sickness

spilly'swife

10 Jun 08 at 11:28 am

34. Iannetta’s song is disturbed-down with the sickness

spilly'swife

10 Jun 08 at 11:30 am

35. I’m thinking the techno song that you’re looking for that’s not Zombie Nation, Palladio, Daddy Yankee, or Allegretto was the song they played after Aaron Cook got his base hit against the Giants 2night. I’m trying to find it as well and haven’t had any luck so if I find it i’ll pass it along. Go to the game by game highlights so you can hear which song I’m talking about.

JJ

11 Jun 08 at 12:39 am

36. pitbull sings the song for torrealba its not don omar

liz

22 Jun 08 at 10:19 pm

37. For the current season:
    - Yorvit Torrealba’s at-bat song is “The Anthem” by Pitbull and Lil Jon
    - Manny Corpas usea what sounds like a variation of Salio El Sol by Don Omar (Torrealba’s song last season), at the very least it has the same backbeat and rhythm.

Yoon Koo

23 Jun 08 at 12:12 pm

38. Seth Smith – “Jesus Freak” by DC Talk

Biggs

13 Jul 08 at 3:07 am

39. Jeff Baker’s song is Gz and Hustlas by Snoop Dogg

Caitlin

18 Jul 08 at 4:02 pm

40. anyone know willy’s song? its been stuck in my head for days but i have no idea what its called! please help! thanks

lizRocks

24 Jul 08 at 8:09 pm

41. also, what is tulo’s song?

lizRocks

24 Jul 08 at 8:50 pm

42. one song i know they play is sandstorm by da rude as a pump up song

lizRocks

26 Jul 08 at 11:24 am

43. Dustin to answer your question the “in love” song is called Stay in Love by Mona Lisa only the song they play at the Rockies games is a much better/faster version which I can’t find. Does anyone know where to find it? If anyone knows that would be awesome

JJ

9 Aug 08 at 5:30 pm

44. Does anyone know the song (usually before the game begins) about “in the city”… or something

e-rock

14 Aug 08 at 8:59 pm

45. The song about “in the city” is called Streetcorner Symphony by Rob Thomas.

AtkinsandTulofan

18 Aug 08 at 1:11 am

46. THANK YOU! :)

e-rock

26 Aug 08 at 6:15 pm

47. Hey, i know this last week a lot of Rockies have changed their walk up song… Does anybody know the new ones. I know that Jeff Baker has Handle Bars by The Flobots but I don’t know the other ones…

Caitlin

21 Sep 08 at 8:28 pm

48. I know that Iannetta’s was Bleed it out by Linkin Park

Stephanie

5 Oct 08 at 8:34 pm

49. I think the song you may be thinking of is “Sirius” by the Alan Parsons Project…

joe

13 Jun 09 at 3:34 am

50. whats omar quentanilla’s for 2009

michael

16 Jun 09 at 10:06 pm

51. Does anyone know the name of the song that is played right before they do the lineup announcements? Typically it’s played about 10-15 minutes before the 1st pitch.

John

26 Jul 09 at 1:15 pm

52. Does anyone happen to know what Clint Barmes’ walk-up music is for 2009?

Tay

28 Aug 09 at 6:04 pm

53. I absolutely am loving this post!!! totally gonna need to remember to put this on my blogroll.

ms anti spyware

18 Dec 09 at 5:00 pm

54. Very good writing. I am glad your posting that. I hope you can accept my apology for my less good English Skills, I am from France and English is sort of new to me. I will bookmark your blog and keep reading.

Thanh Estill

7 Jan 10 at 4:07 pm

55. [...] Music from past years here: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007. [...]

56. Does anyone know the current song that plays for Taveras??

Rach