Hit by a Pitch

Griffey to the White Sox

without comments

I’m hearing that the White Sox have acquired Ken Griffey, Jr. It looks like he has approved the deal, which has the Sox sending Danny Richar and Nick Masset to the Reds. I like!

Written by Tracy

July 31st, 2008 at 9:51 am

No Responses to 'Griffey to the White Sox'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Griffey to the White Sox'.

1. Treat him right. He deserves better than he got in Cincy.

JT

31 Jul 08 at 2:00 pm

2. Agreed. I hope he does well with the Sox (well, for their sake as much as his).

Tracy

31 Jul 08 at 7:20 pm

3. Yes, but where will he play? He’s not exactly the center fielder he used to be.

Also, as a Twins fan, last night’s game was one of the most entertaining that I’ve been to. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a manager’s move backfire as much as the one where Ozzie took all the players off the field and threatened to force a forfeit.

Despite what the pitcher might have said, Ozzie iced him while also making his players look like they were scared of some hats. Probably not the best combo to take an already riled up crowd/team out of the game.

Dave MN

1 Aug 08 at 12:03 pm

4. Dude, last night’s game was INSANE. It sucked (well, for me — not for you) when the Sox totally choked after the fracas.

As for Griffey, I wouldn’t mind seeing how he works at center (even if he shares it with Wise). Move Swisher to first and put Konerko on the bench.

Tracy

1 Aug 08 at 12:14 pm

5. I never would have thought that Sox fans would turn on Konerko so totally. I mean, yeah, he’s having a terrible season, but, not long ago, he was the conquering hero for that team. Also, he’s a much better fielder than whoever they stuck at first base last night (Konerko definitely would have dug some of those throws from the dirt to get the outs). I don’t see the fielding improving with Swisher at first.

It makes me wonder whether Ozzie is actually making some sense when he says that no one is ever satisfied.

Dave MN

1 Aug 08 at 12:43 pm

6. As a long suffering Reds fan, I wish Junior and the Sox the best, except I wish we’d done this a year ago and gotten better prospects from you.

the last unitard