Hit by a Pitch

Rockies At-Bat Music 2008

with 17 comments

Here’s my very, VERY late 2008 post about the at-bat music of the Colorado Rockies. You can read last year’s post here (and there’s a lot of good stuff in the comments, including a discussion of other songs played during games).

This is just in alphabetical order, because it was easier for me to do it that way and then I don’t have to change it when guys go on or off the DL or anything. Let me know if anything here is wrong or if you have anything to add, and I’ll edit the list. Sorry about the blanks — I’m just not sure about everybody.

Garrett Atkins: The Way I Are by Timbaland

Jeff Baker: Gz and Hustlas by Snoop Dogg and/or Still D.R.E. by Dr. Dre

Clint Barmes: Back Where I Come From by Kenny Chesney

Taylor Buchholz:

Aaron Cook:

Manny Corpas: He’s using some kind of remix of Salio el Sol by Don Omar.

Jorge De La Rosa:

Jeff Francis:

Brian Fuentes: For You by Staind

Jason Grilli: Everlong by Foo Fighters

Brad Hawpe: Rockstar by Nickelback

Matt Herges: Rock the Casbah by the Clash? They played this once when he came out to the mound, but I’m not sure it’s his actual music. Nice choice if it is!

Todd Helton: Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith and/or These Are My People by Rodney Atkins

Ubaldo Jimenez:

Matt Holliday:

Chris Iannetta: I Can’t Dance by Genesis

Jayson Nix: Flashing Lights by Kanye West

Omar Quintanilla: Stronger by Kanye West

Scott Podsednik: Elevation by U2

Glendon Rusch:

Seth Smith: Jesus Freak by DC Talk

Ryan Spilborghs: Thriller by Michael Jackson

Ian Stewart:

Cory Sullivan:

Willy Taveras: I still don’t know what this one is. It’s the same song he used at the end of last season.

Yorvit Torrealba: The Anthem by Pitbull & Lil Jon (This song is AWESOME.)

Troy Tulowitzki: I think he’s using Gimme More by Britney Spears. Yesterday was the first time I heard this one and I didn’t know the song, but it wasn’t too hard to find something saying “gimme gimme” on iTunes.

Luis Vizcaino:

Kip Wells:

Update: The 2009 version of the Rockies At-Bat Music post is here.

Written by Tracy

August 8th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

17 Responses to 'Rockies At-Bat Music 2008'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Rockies At-Bat Music 2008'.

1. I believe Glendon Rusch’s song is Limelight by Rush. Rush? Rusch. Get it?

There are certainly some awful songs on this list.

TroutDog

9 Aug 08 at 11:44 am

2. Is Holliday’s no longer the wretched Scott Stapp/Creed abomination, “The Great Divide”?
    …Iannetta’s cracks me up.

Sonic Tooth

9 Aug 08 at 12:47 pm

3. I-Dog’s song is a head-scratcher. Why not at least a good Genesis song? Paperlate would be totally acceptable and probably provide more at-bat motivation.

TroutDog

9 Aug 08 at 3:07 pm

4. Holliday’s song might still be that Great Divide thing. I never pay attention to his.

Iannetta should use that “it’s no fun being an illegal alien” song by Genesis, for real WTF?! appeal.

Tracy

9 Aug 08 at 6:50 pm

5. Not paying attention might be the best approach to Holliday’s tune. Being that at the very least it “used” to be Creed/Stapp; one can only imagine what disturbing depths he might mine to replace that atrocity. (i guess if his tune is even remotely the source of his general hitting might, I’ll let him slide.)

Whoa. “Illegal Alien” as Iannetta’s song? Now that would be an even greater head-scratcher.
    I recall some serious bewilderment back in ’83 hearing/seeing that video. Phil Collins affecting a fake Mexican accent? WTF indeed…

I think I’ll be at Coors tomorrow…I’ll try and perk my music-ear up and fill in some gaps. I must say, tonight’s game was not a very encouraging display of “let’s make a late postseason run” play by the Rockies. Breaks didn’t go our way either…wow! that’s a lot of inning-ending-bases-loaded-double-plays there fellas.

Sonic Tooth

9 Aug 08 at 9:55 pm

6. Matt’s song is this fragile breath by todd agnew

bkRockies

10 Aug 08 at 12:23 pm

7. That was a pretty topsy turvy trip to Coors Field today, not much to add to the “set list”. These Rockies are freaking killing me…and this season is nearly ready to be pronounced dead.

Well, when Holliday came to bat once today midway through the game they played Kriss Kross “Jump”, I’m sure that was just the PA guy mixing things up…not nearly Christian Rock enough for Matty to sanction I would imagine. Stapp? Agnew? either is repulsive.
    There was a lot of “unofficial” tunes playing today as the home 9 dragged their asses up to the plate…wish I could be the PA guy when they get the chance to improvise.

I can confirm the following:
    Jason Grilli came out to Foo Fighters “Everlong”. Oh, and also promptly gave up a single and a home run.

Sonic Tooth

10 Aug 08 at 7:13 pm

8. Ian Stewart’s song is Figure 09 by Linkin Park.

AtkinsandTulofan

18 Aug 08 at 1:09 am

9. I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but the song that plays when the Rockies hit a homerun is “We Like to Party” by Vengaboys.

AtkinsandTulofan

18 Aug 08 at 1:14 am

10. matt’s is deffinately this fragile breath. and they play crank that by soulja boy for ubaldo. when he bats and also when he gets a strikeout. that’s the one that goes YOUUUUU

supsupsup

13 Sep 08 at 1:14 pm

11. What is the song that plays when Ryan Spillborghs goes up to bat? It is not thriller anymore.

Joe

17 Sep 08 at 8:07 pm

12. Spilborghs’ song at the end of the season was “Out Here Grindin’” by DJ Khaled

Roxy

18 Oct 08 at 7:00 pm

13. Baker changed to Handlebars at the end of the season.

qtip

20 Oct 08 at 10:34 am

14. I was at the last game of the season and this was the “song line-up”;

Seth Smith-Jesus Freak, dc Talk

Troy Tulowitzki-Some country song…I would like to know the one he had right before that..something like “put your hands up”..

Ryan Spilborghs-Out Here Grindin’, DJ Khaled

Brad Hawpe-Let it Rock, Kevin Rudolf

Garrett Atkins-Can’t Believe it, T-pain

Ian Sewart-This one I REALLY want to know..it was stuck in my head the whole day

Chris Iannetta-Bleed it Out, Linkin Park

Jeff Baker-Handlebars, Flobots

Dexter Fowler-When I Grow Up, Pussycat dolls

firefighter

11 Dec 08 at 3:17 pm

15. Thanks for the post, I’ll keep checking back for more articles, bookmarked!

Ms Rukia Kuchiki

17 Mar 10 at 1:18 am

16. Baseball is the most interesting game on the planet. I’m really looking forward to the new season. Should be the best yet.

Pete 'Freelance Jobs' Harris