Hit by a Pitch

Rockies At-Bat Music 2009

with 73 comments

Well, better late than never, right?

This is the third year I’ve tried to keep track of the music used by Colorado Rockies players during games (you can read the 2007 post here and the 2008 post here). So, now it’s time for 2009, finally. It was much easier for me to make the list this year thanks to iPhones and the Shazam app (seriously, if you don’t have it, get it — it’s awesome).

The list is in alphabetical order again this year, and I won’t take anyone off who gets sent to the minors (sorry, Jason!) or put on the DL. I’ll update as I get more songs.

Garrett Atkins: The Way I Are by Timbaland

Clint Barmes: Fistfull of Steel by Rage Against the Machine

Joe Beimel: God’s Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash

Rafael Betancourt:

Jhoulys Chacin:

Aaron Cook:

Manny Corpas: used to use Impacto (Remix) by Daddy Yankee but recently changed — I don’t know what the new song is yet

Matt Daley:

Paul Phillips:

Omar Quintanilla: I’m So Paid by Akon

Juan Rincon:

Seth Smith: Jesus Freak by DC Talk

Ryan Speier: Schism by Tool

Ryan Spilborghs: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

Ian Stewart: Paper Planes by M.I.A. All the Above (Spanglish Mix) by Maino feat. T-Pain

Huston Street: Hate Me Now (Instrumental) by Nas

Yorvit Torrealba: Calle Oche (75 Brazil St. Remix) by Pitbull Somos Calle by Daddy Yankee

Troy Tulowitzki: Roll With Me by Montgomery Gentry

Written by Tracy

June 6th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

73 Responses to 'Rockies At-Bat Music 2009'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Rockies At-Bat Music 2009'.

1. Huston Streets song is Nas – “Hate Me Now” (Intrumental)

Brad Hawpe has been using Nickleback’s – “Rockstar” again lately

Ian Stewart uses – M.I.A.’s – “Paper Planes”

Great list, just thought I’d help fill in a few holes. I love using this website to update me intros in MLB09 and this page has helped a lot, thanks.

joe

13 Jun 09 at 2:55 am

2. Does anyone know Alan Embrees song

scott

14 Jun 09 at 9:53 pm

3. Went to a game last night and got a few more.

Randy Flores – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”

Matt Daley – Will Smith “Gettin Jiggy With It”

Alan Embree – Def Leppard “Pour Some Sugar On Me”

Josh Fogg – Foghat “Slowride”

joe

17 Jun 09 at 12:22 am

4. Dexter Fowler – 50 Cent “Get Up”

joe

17 Jun 09 at 1:17 am

5. Thanks so much! For some reason, I find “Gettin Jiggy With It” totally hilarious and awesome.

Tracy

17 Jun 09 at 10:07 am

6. Alan Embree comes in to Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band.

I think Clint Barmes changed his. It has been a different one the last few games I’ve been to. I’m not sure what it is though.

Paul Phillips uses More Than A Feeling by Boston at the last game I went to.

Kellie

19 Jun 09 at 6:06 pm

7. Fogg and Foghat…perfect.

Sonic Tooth

23 Jun 09 at 6:23 pm

8. Carlos Gonzales is Big Thing Poppin by T.I. Ian Stewart went form Day N Nite by Kid Cudi to Paper Planes by M.I.A. to his current song Turn my Swag on by Soulja Boy. Paul Phillips goes though numerous 80′s songs, and those are all the ones I know. Does anyone know the name of the song that the Rockies take the field to?

Ben

24 Jun 09 at 3:16 pm

9. Very Nice – was looking for a list of the songs for the Rocks!!
    Great Job!

Robin

30 Jun 09 at 11:12 pm

10. Todd Helton – “These are my people” by Rodney Atkins not “where i come form”

andrew

3 Jul 09 at 5:55 pm

11. The lastest song I’ve heard Clint Barmes batting to is “Eight Second Ride” by Jake Owen.

Jackie

5 Jul 09 at 3:15 pm

12. Went to the game last night and the song the Rockies took the field to was “Burn It To The Ground” by Nickelback.

Jackie

8 Jul 09 at 11:34 am

13. what is chris iannetta’s
    i am having a hard time trying to figure it out

also dex changed his to michael jackson’s “dont stop ’til you get enough” i think….it still might be that song

amber

10 Jul 09 at 8:51 pm

14. Stewart or Smith have been using “Turn My Swag On” by Soulja Boy as of late.

anonymous

23 Jul 09 at 3:36 pm

15. Does anyone know the at bat music Ian Stewart had on friday july 24th against the giants? It wasn’t “turn my swag on” or any of the other songs listed for him here. Maybe he changed it again? Anyone have any idea?

lily

26 Jul 09 at 2:48 am

16. What is the song that T-Pain is featured in that i believe has the lyrics “if tomorrow comes” followed by pain singing a run of HEEEYYYYYYY. haha. cant find it anywhere.

David Capozzoli

26 Jul 09 at 11:04 am

17. Hey, does anyone know the name of the song that is played right before they do the lineup announcements? Typically it’s played about 10-15 minutes before the 1st pitch.

And I’m not thinking about the song they take the field to . . . I know that’s the Nickleback song.

Thanks!

John

26 Jul 09 at 1:17 pm

18. Stewart’s most recent song is All the Above by T-Pain.

dom

26 Jul 09 at 5:38 pm

19. Are you possibly thinking of “Let it Rock” by Kevin Rudolph?

Jon

26 Jul 09 at 6:20 pm

20. On 7/26, he used All the Above (Spanglish Mix) by Maino feat. T-Pain.

Tracy

26 Jul 09 at 6:23 pm

21. No, that’s not the song. Unfortunately I can never make out any of the lyrics, but it kind of sounds like Incubus. It’s not them, either, but that’s who the singer sounds like.

It’s played in the same spot that Streetcorner Symphony was played in last season.

John

26 Jul 09 at 6:32 pm

22. It’s “This Town” by O.A.R.

Thanks Christopher! Now off to iTunes . . .

John

27 Jul 09 at 8:33 am

23. Dex just just changed his this past SF series, it’s no longer 50 cent – get up or the john legend song. Anyone know what it is? I can never make out the words

Jake C

28 Jul 09 at 1:22 pm

24. What is the techno song they use to pump up the crowd in the 9th?….they play it a lot when the game is close to being over….I was at the Sunday day game against the Giants, and I think they played it for every batter Huston Street faced…

Ian

28 Jul 09 at 3:23 pm

25. The song you’re looking for is “Allegretto” by Bond. They play it after each of the first two outs in the 9th and then after each strike or foul-ball until the 3rd out…

joe

31 Jul 09 at 1:04 am

26. Chris Iannetta’s batting song is “Whatever It Takes” by Tom Morello’s new band The Nightwatchman. Per Troy Renck.

Jameson

2 Aug 09 at 12:52 pm

27. whats jayson nix song before he goes to bat? its a rap song….

terry

6 Aug 09 at 8:53 pm

28. Anyone know what Omar quintanilla has been using lately? I was at a game the other night and I know I liked it but didn’t make out a single lyric.

Kyle

8 Aug 09 at 2:40 pm

29. Last season Omar was using “Stronger” by Kanye West. But I haven’t heard his this season, he could have changed it… And Jayson Nix? He’s went to the White Sox awhile ago… By the way, saw the game tonight and Joe Beimel came out to “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” by Johnny Cash…

joe

8 Aug 09 at 10:11 pm

30. omar quintanilla’s current AB music is “Im So Paid” by Akon

Sweeney

9 Aug 09 at 12:18 am

31. “I’m so paid” lol that seems somehow perfect. Thanks :)

Kyle

10 Aug 09 at 2:16 am

32. They’ve been playing Call on Me by Eric Prydz quite a bit lately, after somebody gets a hit, I think. It’s a good song.

Tracy

10 Aug 09 at 10:20 am

33. anyone know Fowler’s updated songs

one is with jay z and rihanna and the other I have no clue but it’s really nice

Jake C

11 Aug 09 at 1:29 pm

34. Thank you so much!!! You are my hero!

namo

12 Aug 09 at 12:28 am

35. actually the jay z one is “run this town” but if you can find the other one that’d be great

Jake C

12 Aug 09 at 12:20 pm

36. I guess it was a good thing that Rockies fired Clint Hurdle. Last i heard Dex’s song was My Time by Fabolous.

Tommy C

13 Aug 09 at 12:52 pm

37. Went to a game at the end of July and another one this past Monday night. Any idea what song Clint Barmes is using now? Live in Alaska, was in Colo to visit family, but won’t be back for another game this year. Thanks!

Brann

15 Aug 09 at 9:40 pm

38. Ubaldo Jimenez has a new song, it’s all in spanish….does anyone know what it is?

Roxfan

16 Aug 09 at 8:16 pm

39. What’s the home run song? Thanks.

Stacey

23 Aug 09 at 8:56 pm

40. dose anyone know the song that go something like hey oh hey hey that the play normally during extra innings or during firework games when they are weight on the crowed to got on the field

Roebrt

26 Aug 09 at 3:20 am

41. The home run song are normally- We like to party by vengaboys or Omnibus by Laut Sprecher

Roebrt

26 Aug 09 at 3:23 am

42. if anyone has been to a dodgers game lately?

What is Eric Young Jr.’s song?

Jake C

26 Aug 09 at 3:00 pm

43. Clint Barmes is using “Eight Second Ride” by Jake Owen.

joe

26 Aug 09 at 5:31 pm

44. Does anyone know chris ianetta song its not by the nightwatchman like someone said

Michael

26 Aug 09 at 9:33 pm

45. Actually it is called “Whatever it Takes”, by “Tom Morello the Nightwatchman”. You can’t find it on itunes or limewire or anything like that. The only place I found it was on Amazon.com, select MP3 downloads, and then search “The Fabled City” (name of the album), and then it will bring up where you can preview or buy the MP3, and this is correct, I just downloaded it last night.

Eric

27 Aug 09 at 1:23 pm

46. Oh and Rafael Betancourt came out to “Black Betty” by Ramjam on Tuesday night.

Eric

27 Aug 09 at 1:40 pm

47. EY Jr.’s song is Stuntin’ Like My Daddy by Lil Wayne

Lauren

29 Aug 09 at 10:10 pm

48. Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the song played after Giambi hit the go ahead single to score one the other night. You can hear it in the background here: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?topic_id=col&c_id=col

It almost sounds like “I believe…..”

Thanks

Chris C

5 Sep 09 at 2:13 am

49. Sorry once you click the link you have to click NYM/COL Giambi 2 run single

Chris C

5 Sep 09 at 10:51 am

50. Morales came out to impacto lastnight to close the game

Rion33

5 Sep 09 at 12:53 pm

51. that is a good question I have been trying to find that out to let me know if you have any luck uncovering that!

Rion33

Ryan Spilborghs: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
    Ian Stewart: All the Above – Maino feat. T-Pain
    Huston Street: Hate Me Now (Instrumental) by Nas
    Troy Tulowitzki: Roll With Me by Montgomery Gentry
    Jason Giambi- WCW Wolfpack Theme
    Eric Young Jr- Stuntin’ Like My Daddy – Lil Wayne

Ok guys here is a compliation of what I have found, if your like me and like to add this to your MLB09 the show game to keep it realistic, This was all compiled from this site and some that I have heard while at Rockies games, Lets keep this going its fun to hunt down the sounds of Coors Field! Please let me know of any changes or sounds that you may be aware of and GO ROCKIES!!!!

Rion33

5 Sep 09 at 4:46 pm

55. oh sorry nvmd that is the DBacks game i dunno about the mets game

Austin

5 Sep 09 at 4:48 pm

56. whats the name of that techno song that plays when rockies get a walkoff win

Paul

11 Sep 09 at 7:48 pm

57. This is a flashback but in ’07 when the Rockies took the field they played “Ready Steady” by Paul Oakenfold. It is a great techno song.

RoxFan2009

15 Sep 09 at 10:59 am

58. I think that it might be “Run this town” by Jay-Z and Rihanna

Megan

27 Sep 09 at 9:23 pm

59. Does anyone know the name of the song that is played just right before the game?

Tommy

29 Sep 09 at 5:25 am

60. Aaron Cook used For the Love of the Game by Pillar for his batting music. They also played it before he took the mound today. Great game Cookie!

RoxFan2009

1 Oct 09 at 9:18 pm

61. what’s the song that goes something like “donga donga dang dang dang diggee diggee? It played once before Atkins on Oct 1 and I think as Dexter Fowler came in to pinch hit on 9-27.

J-Ro

2 Oct 09 at 4:15 pm

62. it’s called cobrastyle

Dom

3 Oct 09 at 8:10 am

63. It was on the Employee of the Month Sound Track if you want to find it.

RoxFan2009

4 Oct 09 at 11:12 pm

64. What was the song they played as the Rockies took the field in the 1st in both games of the playoffs?

Stephen

13 Oct 09 at 11:56 pm

65. Spilly used his old Gwen Stefani song, at least during the playoffs.

Neil

14 Oct 09 at 9:38 am

66. does anyone know what Dexter fowlers song was at one time that was a remix of paper planes by MIA?

sam

21 Oct 09 at 6:15 pm

67. What is the song they played when Giambi singled in the game-tying run in NLDS Game 4?

Prad

4 Nov 09 at 11:05 pm

68. whats the song thats played sometimes before the game, it says like “I’m so glad you came”?

molly