Holy shit you guys. I posted a ranch dressing recipe a while ago, but I wasn’t super thrilled with it. Well, I made ranch tonight and changed it a little bit and it was really good. Here’s the new recipe:
Holy Shit! Awesome Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s/Best Foods — light is ok with me but Ben doesn’t like it)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light is ok)
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and/or fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
I use heaping measurements of the chives and parsley and barely heaping measurements of the garlic powder and onion powder.
Throw everything in a large bowl and stir like crazy until smooth and well-blended. Add extra buttermilk if you like a thinner ranch at any time. Refrigerate (duh). I store this in a glass jar.
For a low-tech version, leave out the green stuff (chives, parsley, and dill).
For chipotle ranch, omit dill and add 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers.